Harvest Squash Soup w/ Cashew Creme *raw, vegan*
I adapted this recipe from my beautiful, amazing and inspiring friend + raw foodista, Betty! It is so super easy to prepare, not to mention totally raw, vegan, chocked full of nutrients and perfect for any fall gathering!
- 4 c cubed butternut squash, peeled
- 1/2 c chopped carrot
- 3 c nut milk (or 3 c water and ¾ c nut of choice)
- 1 Tb chickpea miso (can substitute for any unpasteurized kind of miso)
- 1 apple, medium-sized, cored
- 1/2 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. salt or to taste
- juice of 1/2 an orange
- 1/2 c raw cashews, soaked
1. Dice squash, place in glass bowl and put in dehydrator for 24 hours at 110 degrees. Remove and soak for 2 hours in water(optional for more substantial texture).
3. To warm, blend at high speed for a couple of minutes. 4. To make the cream simply drain and rinse the cashew and place in blender with 1 Tb water and blend until a nice thicker cream consistency is reached - add more water, 1 Tb. at a time, as necessary. 5. Pour into bowls and garnish with pumpkin seeds and a dairy-free coconut cream*
*to make a design like this one with the cream, simply place 2 Tb of cream in a Ziploc baggie, snip off a bottom corner of the bag and use to pipe desired design